Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday...

...I was too busy to blog yesterday because of a work project, so you get a weekend report and a WIPs report combined in one.

Saturday was Spin-In. I took two knitting projects with me: Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry] and Citrus Hat [Ravelry]. The shawl and I are going to have serious words. I was off n the pattern again! This makes the third time I've had to tink back a section and reknit it. I redid the bad section and started knitting again...and it was still off by one! Arg!  I marked where the error occurred and out it aside to work on at home. Thank goodness i brought the second project.

I think the main reason I'm having so many problems with this shawl is that there are many yarn-overs at the beginning or end of a pattern repeat, right where you want to place stitch markers. The yarn-over slips under the marker and you have to be very diligent about making sure that the yarn-over is on the correct side of the marker. There are 362 stitches per row. There are 22 pattern repeats in every row and I seem to always mess up on repeat number 5 or 6.

I need to rethink this project. I love the yarn and love the look of the finished piece, but it might be time for it to hibernate for a bit.

On Sunday, I finished the Leaf cross stitch project. I took a few photos with my phone, but none of them turned out well. I'll take some new ones and post the finished project later.

I also managed to spend a little time weaving on both Saturday and Sunday. A mostly-good craft weekend. I really miss spinning, though!

**WIP Roll Call**

Worked on:

  • Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Citrus Hat (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Mermaid's Tale (weaving) [Ravelry]
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Empress handspun [Ravelry
  3. Sweet Heat handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...