Friday, June 03, 2016

Eye Candy Friday...

...why is it that short work weeks always seem longer than regular weeks?

This weeks eye candy is all over the board.  I've been testing the camera on my new iPhone to the quality of its photos. This photo of Tica turned out really well:

Silly Tica

On the other hand, the sky photos that I took this morning weren't worth keeping. This hibiscus photo is OK:

Hibiscus

The Husband's tomato plants are starting to produce baby tomatoes:

Baby tomatoes

And I had fresh apricots for breakfast:

Freshly-picked apricots

Up this weekend: No specific plans.

I'm not going to attempt weaving on the big loom until I receive the yarn I ordered.  I saw a pattern on the WEBS site that looked interesting, called Santa Fe Summer Towels. The basic structure is twill and I liked the color combination. I ordered the unmercerized yarn it specified for the main color (a red), but they did not have the lighter color (yellow) available. I decided to just get a lighter shade of yellow, which I'd like better anyway. So I'll just be patient and wait for that to arrive.

I have a ton of finishing work to do for my needlework and I just haven't gotten around to it. That's a possibility.

Another thing to work on would be spinning. I haven't started a new handspun since February. I have a few more braids from Greenwood Fiberworks that I'd like to spin.

And then there's finding the next needlepoint project. I have a few to choose from!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...