Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

I spent most of my weekend at the sewing machine.  I sewed the stitched pieces to their backing fabric.

Originally, I was going to make pillows of everything that wasn't a scissor fob. However, once I started sewing things together, I realized that I simply did not have room for that many little pillows. Instead, I decided to insert mat board into some of the stitched pieces to give them some body and to allow me to stack them. I can hand them if I want by attaching a ribbon hanger.

For the pieces destined to be a flat item, I sewed only 3 sides of each piece and turned them. After they are pressed, I will cut a piece of mat board to fit and then slip stitch the open end.  I'm still making pillows out of a few pieces.

Because of my new plan, I definitely needed more mat board. Since I also needed fiberfill, I ended up at Michael's. In addition to a bag of fiberfill and two pieces of acid-free mat board, I bought a two pack of foam core. I'm all set for the next large piece that needs to be mounted and laced.

I finished all of the machine sewing and turned all of the pieces. They are now ready for pressing. After that I'll stuff the pillows and scissor fobs with fiberfill and cut the mat board for the remaining pieces. Then it's all hand sewing from there.

I also knit a few rows on Costa del Mar [Ravelry]. I'm on row 188 of 233, just past the halfway mark for half-wedge #6. I still love this pattern!

I didn't work on anything else. That will change this weekend when I go to Spin-In. Also, I received my yarn order yesterday, so I can wind the replacement warp for my weaving project and re-sley the loom.

It will be a busy weekend!
.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...