Friday, July 08, 2016

Eye Candy Friday and Tour de Fleece update...

...yeah, and I'll post last month's recap at some point.

Eye Candy Friday

We planted a lot of flowers to entice bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds into our yard. This spiked gayfeather is supposed to be a favorite of butterflies:

Spiked Gayfeather

The superbells are going string:

Purple superbells

and our bougainvillea has really upped its game this year:

Bougainvillea in the morning sun

Tour de Fleece, days 5 and 6:

Because I don't have a lot of time and energy after work, I decided to start spinning a sampler box from Greenwood Fiberworks. The box contains 7 mini-braids of polworth top, each weighing anywhere from 0.4 oz. to 0.6 oz. I can spin one mini-braid in about an hour, which gives me a sense of accomplishment and keeps me from getting too tired. I'm spinning them one right after another in a random order.

Surprise Box handpun, in process

Up this weekend: Spin In tomorrow! I have to pull something from the stash to spin as I want to keep the sampler for work days. I only work Monday through Wednesday next week because it's time for my annual craft-cation! Hooray!

High on the list to get done before the Husband goes off on his annual biking trip is to get the kitchen back into some sort of order. He's done a great job getting the counter, sink, and garbage disposal installed. He's almost done making a new sill for the stationary window in the kitchen. He's also making a new shelf for under the sink where he had to rip out the bottom of the cabinet.

Here's our new counter:

Replacement kitchen counter

I need to get the rest of the baking stuff put away so we can find the rug under the dining room table. Every surface needs a good cleaning to remove the thin layer of sawdust, grout dust, and general dirt that has settled throughput the kitchen and living room. If I don't get that done before he leaves, it will be my top priority for vacation. Then I'll be able to relax and enjoy myself!

.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...