Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Tour de Fleece update and WIP-it Wednesday...

...first the update.

* Tour de Fleece, days 1, 2, and 3

I finished spinning Arachne [Ravelry] that I started at June's Spin-In.

Arachne handspun

and the close-up:

Arachne handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 6/18/16;
Finished 7/4/16;
Vervain Silky Roving, SW Merino/Bamboo/Silk (50/25/25)
From Mosaic Moon
214 yds chain-plied, 13 WPI

* Tour de Fleece, day 4

I spun Surf and Sun [Ravelry]. This is an art yarn, spun thick and plied with thread.

Surf and Sun handspun

and the close-up:

Surf and Sun handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/5/16;
Wild Card Bling Batt (3.6 oz) from The Yarn Wench;
80 yds. thread-plied with blue rayon thread and gold quilting thread; Bulky weight

It took me about 3.5 hours from start to finish, which is pretty good. I don't think I can keep up that kind of output every work night, though. I might only be able to get an hour in tonight.


*WIPs roll call*

Worked on:
  • Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on row 223 of 233
Works In Progress:
  1. 4-shaft weaving sampler
  2. Finishing work
  3. Needlepoint pottery picture
  4. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  7. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...