...weekend report, and it's August.
- I did not finish winding the warp for the loom. I was working on it on Saturday and was doing really well. I ran out of yarn. !@#$% I knew I could get more at Joann or Michael's (it's Aunt Lydia's cotton), but at that point I was annoyed so I decided to wait until Sunday when I ran my errands.
- I worked on the needlepoint pottery picture while thought about which knitting project I wanted to start.
- I decided on the Mother of Dragons shawl [Ravelry]. I purchased the pattern and yarn at Stitches West last year (2015) and hadn't gotten around to it yet. I cast on on Saturday and got a couple of rows in when I realized that I needed a working copy of the charts. I like to note my progress on a working copy so I don't mess up the original.
On Monday, I made copies of the charts and happily worked on the shawl during Craft Coffee.
- Since my new shawl was on hold, I decided to start the next large needlepoint project, St. Charles. This is another Susan Portra design that I've had kitted and sitting in my queue for a while.
- The Husband and I made a quick trip to Lowe's to pick out the tile for the kitchen back splash. We bought linear mosaic tiles in whites and grays - it has a combination of stone, marble, and glass tiles. He has more prep work to do in the kitchen before he can install it.