...and the weekend report.
- It's always a treat having a 3-day weekend. But when it's your birthday weekend, it's so much better!
- Mom sent birthday flowers that arrived on Friday. This was a great time to receive them because they had all opened up by Sunday.
- Saturday was a normal day, filled with some clean-up and laundry. I worked on the Afternoon of the Faun handspun [Ravelry], worked on St. Charles (needlepoint), and did a couple of rows on the Spiral Striped Hat [Ravelry].
- Sunday was a perfect day.
- The husband made me Eggs Benedict (my favorite!) for breakfast.
- Since we planned on going out to dinner, he let me do whatever I wanted in between breakfast and dinner.
- I finished reading a book and worked on the spinning project.
- We drove to Oakland to meet The Daughter and went to dinner at Picán. We enjoyed several appetizers and I had their incredible fried chicken for my entrée. Of course, by the time we got to the entrée I was pretty full. The leftovers made for a yummy lunch the next day.
- I got more flowers from The Daughter and some items from Lush.
- Of course, the best present was seeing The Daughter!
- Monday was catch-up day.
- I did the grocery shopping and a bit more clean-up.
- I went to Michael's and bought another ball of the cotton yarn I need for the weaving project.
- I continued spinning Afternoon of the Faun and worked on St. Charles.
- And I cooked!