- I can sum the weekend up in in three words: Clean house managed.
I dusted. I vacuumed. I cleaned the bathrooms. I mopped.
- The studio still needs some attention, but that can wait for next weekend.
- All of this was necessary because we had a visitor on Sunday. Everything had to be done by 4pm.
I managed to get most of it done on Saturday. I did the last trailing things on Sunday
- Needless to say, I was a little pooped by the end of Saturday. Not as much as the Husband who did some maintenance work for his parents all day Saturday.
- As a result, I missed Spin-In on Saturday. So I spun on my own while I did the laundry.
I finished the singles for Afternoon of the Faun handspun [Ravelry] on Saturday and started chain-plying it on Sunday.
- I also worked on the St. Charles needlepoint and the Spiral Striped Hat [Ravelry].
- I am about to give up on the hat. The yarn is very soft (Cotton-Silk), but it's not very stretchy. Given that this is a hat for Halos of Hope, I want to make sure that it is comfortable to wear--without a lot of "give" it might not be. I think it's just a mismatch of yarn and pattern.
I'm thinking of frogging this hat a remaking it in other yarn. I haven't quite decided yet.
...and the weekend report.
...and heading into full-on baking mode! With the time change and shorter days, I have more opportunities to take sunrise photos. Here'...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...and Happy October! While I got a few things done over the weekend, it's not as much as I wanted. I did a Jo-Ann's run to buy f...