Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

  • I can sum the weekend up in in three words: Clean house managed.

    I dusted. I vacuumed. I cleaned the bathrooms. I mopped.
  • The studio still needs some attention, but that can wait for next weekend.
  • All of this was necessary because we had a visitor on Sunday. Everything had to be done by 4pm.

    I managed to get most of it done on Saturday. I did the last trailing things on Sunday
  • Needless to say, I was a little pooped by the end of Saturday. Not as much as the Husband who did some maintenance work for his parents all day Saturday.
  • As a result, I missed Spin-In on Saturday. So I spun on my own while I did the laundry.

    I finished the singles for Afternoon of the Faun handspun [Ravelry] on Saturday and started chain-plying it on Sunday.
  • I also worked on the St. Charles needlepoint and the Spiral Striped Hat [Ravelry].
  • I am about to give up on the hat. The yarn is very soft (Cotton-Silk), but it's not very stretchy. Given that this is a hat for Halos of Hope, I want to make sure that it is comfortable to wear--without a lot of "give" it might not be. I think it's just a mismatch of yarn and pattern.

    I'm thinking of frogging this hat a remaking it in other yarn. I haven't quite decided yet.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...