Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

I actually started posting yesterday, but got side-tracked yet again. As for Eye Candy Friday, still trying to make that happen. One of the reasons it's been so hard is the rainy weather. It's just not fun trying to fins something outside to photograph when it's poring rain. Don't get me wrong, I completely love that we're getting a lot of rain. The drought went on far too long.
  • I found myself on Facebook a lot more than normal this weekend. There were so many wonderful photos and videos of the Women's March to look at. The hats I made went to San Francisco and San Jose. I wish I had been able to make more than 3!
  • When I wasn't on Facebook, I worked on the baby quilt. I sandwiched it on Friday (love those half-days off!). I used two layers of cotton batting. Between that and the flannel backing it should be warm enough. I started machine-quilting it on Saturday. All of the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting is done. I am now stitching around the animals...there are a LOT of animals!
  • I did have a minor Ack! moment when a piece of metal fell off of my sewing machine. Thankfully, it was a small piece of the shank's snap-on foot holder. There are two that hold on the presser foot, so I can still sew. However, it's a 20+ year old Pfaff 7550, so getting replacement parts might be tricky. I have a good shop where I take my machine for cleaning and I figured if I couldn't find a replacement part, they might be able to. I looked online and found a source for OEM parts that fit the 7550. At $15.00, it was worth ordering the part to see if it will work. If it doesn't I'll take my machine to the shop. 
  • My spinning wheel is still broken, so no spinning for me.
  • I started my coworker's hat on Wednesday. I've knit all of the ribbing and have started the main part of the hat. We've done a trial fitting and it might be a tad too loose. I'm debating whether to re-knit it on smaller needles to tighten it up a bit. It's on hold for the moment.
  • No work on the Christmas quilt. I'd like to get the top sewn together before I put it away until November.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...