Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

We spent the weekend in Monterey celebrating our 31/36 anniversary. Technically, our anniversary was Wednesday, but with work and all, celebrating midweek was not possible,

We booked a hotel 2 miles from the Monterey Bay Aquarium and within walking distance to several restaurants. We got our dose of the aquarium and then headed out for the beach. The weather was incredible, not that it needed to be, so walking along the shore was pleasant. I took a ton of photos, which I haven't processed yet. (I know, typical!) Here's one, though:

Cannery Row shoreline

During the car rides and downtime, I worked on my coworker's hat. I finished it on Saturday. This is Sarah's Hat [Ravelry]:

Sarah's Hat, other side

Specs:
Started 1/18/17;
Finished 1/28/17;
Pattern: Classic Knit Hat by Haley Scarpino
Yarn: Simply Soft Paints by Caron in Sunset

I decided that there was enough yarn left in the skein to make another hat, so I immediately cast-on a second hat. This one is destined for Halos of Hope. I finished the second hat on Sunday night. It looks the same as the other hat, but is actually a bot smaller around. This is Sunset Hat [Ravelry]:

Sunset Hat

Specs:
Started 1/18/17;
Finished 1/28/17;
Pattern: Classic Knit Hat by Haley Scarpino
Yarn: Simply Soft Paints by Caron in Sunset
Mods: Cast on 76 instead of 80
For Halos of Hope

I cast-on for another hat to work on during Craft Coffee on Monday. The new hat has some unfortunate pooling happening and I'm trying to decide whether to continue knitting it, or start all over with a different skein of yarn. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Earth and Sky, which means browns and blues. I've looked on Ravelry to see what others have made from this color and I found a couple of hats that have the same pooling pattern as mine. I might have to use this yarn for something completely different, like a scarf.
 .

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...