It was so hot this weekend! Fortunately, my studio stays relatively cool until about 2:30 or 3:00 pm. While it's not cool enough to machine quilt (read: wrestle a quilt through the sewing machine), I can do many other things until it gets unbearable hot.
- Quilting: I found the fabrics that I had purchased for my personal quilt. Two fabrics are particularly important: the John Deere tractor fabric and the Hereford cattle fabric. My father drove a John Deere tractor when he was foreman of a ranch in Gilroy. It was a beef cattle ranch that ran Hereford cattle. These fabrics represent a precious time of my life.
With them, I found the monster movie fabric I wanted to use and several others. I now have a bunch of fabrics to cut!
- Cross Stitch: The Mermaid of the Pearls project is coming along. I got a little list in some of the pink fin areas, but I'm back on track. I was very happy that I didn't have to restitch anything!
- Cross Stitch: I finished the center square of the Spring 9-Patch pillow (Pine Mountain). I'm now working on the basket square.
- I finished spinning the singles for Rivendell [Ravelry]. It's now resting with Robin's Egg [Ravelry] until I'm ready for a plying session.
- I have 4 Phat Fiber boxes in the stash. Since it was too hot to spin a large bump of fiber, I started spinning the Indian Wedding box from August 2016. It's not the oldest box I have, but I'd need to do a deep stash dive to find the oldest one (Ancient Egypt from October 2014).
- Knitting: The Charred Teal Shawl [Ravelry] is progressing, It's my go-to knitting fro Craft Coffee on Mondays. I added the 3rd contrast color for section 2 last night and I'm working on another main color separator.
- No work on the needlepoint or weaving projects.