Friday, July 21, 2017

Eye Candy Friday...

...and a Tour de Fleece update. First, the eye candy.

The sweet pea bush in our front yard is continuing to bloom:

Sweet pea bush

The tomatoes in the backyard are ripening:

Ripening tomato

and the plumbago is peeking out through the tomato vines.

Plumbago among the tomato vines

Tour de Fleece, Day 19
Craftcation Day 5:


The vacuum monster and I attacked the studio. We tamed the fiber bunnies that were gathering around the spinning wheel and found the rugs again!

I spun Inner Fire [Ravelry], a Wild Card Bling Batt from the Yarn Wench:

Inner Fire handspun

and the close-up:

Inner Fire handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/19/17
Wild Card Bling Batt (3.5 oz.) from The Yarn Wench
41 yards, plied with Ritratto Yarn in color 63; Super Bulky
Tour de Fleece Day 19

Tour de Fleece, Day 20
Craftcation Day 6:


I started the day with a wonderful yoga class, followed by a nonfat latte from Starbucks. I registered for a cast-ons and bind-offs class at Stitches West (Feb. 2018). I'm little bummed that they are not doing the opening day and teacher's luncheon this year. I used to be able to take the opneing day events if I couldn't find a class I liked.

I started spinning Estrella [Ravelry]using Estrella Falkland (4.1 oz) and Estrella Firestar #5203 (2 oz), both from The Yarn Wench.

Estrella singles

Up this weekend: Finish out the Tour on Sunday and then give my knees a rest!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...