Wednesday, July 05, 2017

WIP-it Wednesday...

...first, a Tour de Fleece update.

Tour de Fleece, Day 4:

I finished plying Kilkenny [Ravelry]:

Kilkenny handspun

and the close-up:

Kilkenny handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/1/17
Finished 7/4/17
Merino-Silk (4.1 oz) from the Yarn Wench
180.5 yds. chain-ply, 12 WPI
Tour de Fleece, Day 1-4

I spun another art yarn. I plied it with a novelty yarn that I had in the stash. This is Antoinette [Ravelry]:

Antoinette handspun

and the close-up:

Antoinette handspun, close up

Specs: 
Started and finished 7/4/17
Merino-Silk (4 oz) from the Yarn Wench
120.9 yds. 2-ply, bulky
Plied with Bernat Matrix ladder yarn in color 02315

Spinning will slow down now that I'm back to work after the holiday. I'll gear up again on the weekend.

I cut out a few more feature fabrics on my quilt. I'm now up to 50 feature fabrics. I figure the limit is 80, which was the total I used for the Daughter's quilt (see it here).  I've pressed hand hung the cut fabrics on my quilt wall.

Attic windows feature fabrics

I have a couple of ideas for more squares. I'll hit the stash first to see if I have appropriate fabric. If not, I'll have to check out the quilt stores.

WIPs Roll Call

Worked On:
  • Attic Windows quilt for me (quilting)
    Feature fabrics total 50; still auditioning the names: "Look Through My Window" and "She Came in Through the Attic Window".
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    Working on the tail
  • Spring 9-Patch (cross stitch)
    Finished the main stitching of row 2, square 3; started row 3, square 2
Works In Progress, Did Not Work On:
  1. 4-shaft sampler (weaving) [Ravelry]
  2. Charred Teal Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Mother of Dragons shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Phat Fiber box, Indian Wedding (spinning) [Ravelry
  5. Rosewood Wrap (weaving) [Ravelry]
  6. St. Charles (needlepoint)
  7. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. All That Glitters Christmas quilt (quilting)
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Bear Paw pottery (needlepoint)
  4. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  6. Finishing work
  7. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  8. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  9. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...