Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

In a nutshell: the weekend was not exactly what I envisioned.

On my half-day Friday, I was fighting a headache all day. Excedrin wasn't touching it. All I wanted to do was go home and veg. I stopped at the store on the way home to buy brownie mix because I needed to make something for Spin-In on Saturday.

When I got home, I changed out of my work clothes, popped some more Excedrin, and got ready to settle down with my lunch. The doorbell rang--it was my mother and my Aunt Rachel. They dropped in unannounced. I knew they were going to be in the area, but my mother was supposed to call me the day before to let me know when they were arriving so I could meet them somewhere else...not my house. Sigh...

After a short visit, during which I tried to eat a little something, they left. I still had the headache and was feeling off. I ended up not having much for dinner either and dozed on the couch. Of course, I had insomnia when I finally went to bed.

When I woke up on Saturday morning, the headache was finally gone. Hooray!  I baked the brownies and did the laundry until I left for Spin-In.

I had a great time at Spin-In. I hadn't spun anything since July so it took a bit to get back into the swing of things. My wheel behaved itself and did not come apart. Maybe the last fix actually worked!

On Sunday, we decided that a regular grocery run was not necessary. I gained a couple of hours as a result. We were meeting the Daughter for an early dinner, so I read and worked on the mermaid until it was time to go.

We were celebrating my birthday (late) with the Daughter. Her present was 3 skeins of Icelandic wool and 2 metal Christmas ornaments that she brought back from her trip to Iceland. Very cool!

The mermaid is progressing. I'm still working on the foam...it's taking forever! And a lot of it is white floss. Anyone who has read my cross stitch posts knows that I hate stitching white floss. Ugh! And there's still a lot more to stitch.

I've been looking to upgrade to a DSLR camera, but the cost has been more that I wanted to spend. For some reason, my Mom decided to give me money for my birthday. It helped purchase a new DSLR camera. This is my new Canon EOS Rebel SL2 camera that arrived yesterday:

New Canon EOS Rebel SL2 camera

I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet, but I'm looking forward to learning its features. I'm not getting rid of my point-and-shoot camera yet because I like its macro features. Eventually, I'd like to get a macro lens for the DSLR, but I may wait a bit.
.


No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...