...and Happy October!
- While I got a few things done over the weekend, it's not as much as I wanted.
- I did a Jo-Ann's run to buy foam to make camera inserts for my new backpack. When I was using a large bag to carry my stuff and I only had one camera, it was easy to put the camera bag inside the bag. Now that I have the DSLR and the point-and-shoot, having 2 camera bags inside the bag worked OK (sort of). However, for vacation I want to carry a backpack for the cameras and the camera bags inside it just don't work.
- I cut a thicker piece of foam for the bottom of the backpack to provide extra padding. I cut thinner foam to wrap around the cameras - one for each. Then I covered them all with a nice wave-patterned fabric and added some velcro for easy adjustment. They fit nicely into the backpack.
- I'm not completely happy with the size of the DSLR wrap, so I might make another one if I have time. I definitely want to make a top cushion so I can add something light on top of the cameras.
- I am making progress on the mermaid. I finished the cross stitching for the foam (finally!). I am now on the part of the tail that angles towards the left, making it slower to stitch. I'll probably turn the piece upside-down in the frame to I can more easily stitch the rest of the tail.
- We're busily getting things together for vacation, prepping for the house sitter and making sure that we have enough cat supplies on hand. The Husband is making sure that the drip irrigation is all working so the sitter doesn't have to worry about that.
- I finished the Blue on Blue hat [Ravelry] and started another one. Hats are great TV knitting!