Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Catching up from the long holiday weekend...

...and December is almost here!

Thanksgiving dinner at The Daughter's went off without a hitch.
  • On Wednesday, the drive to her house took a little over an hour, which is quite good considering it was a work day for many people. I only forgot one ingredient and she had a suitable substitute.
  • While I cooked, she ran some errands and bought the last minutes items we needed for the dinner, I made the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the pumpkin pie, and the cranberry cake. I prepped the yam and apple casserole for baking the next day.
  • On Thursday, she set the tables and I got the turkey into the oven. One of the guests was charged with appetizers, so we didn't need to worry about that. Another guest brought a vegetable and The Daughter prepped a second one and the salad.
  • There were 12 for dinner - the Husband's parents; The Daughter's aunt and uncle and their family, and one of The Daughter's friends. It was a great group of people and we all enjoyed our time together.
  • The Husband and I spent the night at The Daughter's and headed home Friday morning.
I was pretty much wiped out on Friday. I read and did a little spinning...anything that did not require a great deal of brain power!

The weekend was normal--laundry, errands, and some crafting. I finished spinning the Spice Market handspun [Ravelry] and just need to take some photos. I knew that if I didn't finish it soon, it would have to wait until after Christmas. No photos yet.

I did take a little time to locate my Christmas baking folders and make sure that nothing was missing. The madness starts this coming weekend! Time to decide whether I'm adding anything new to the mix.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...