Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • I finished plying the Crocus handspun [Ravelry] on Friday. I then treated my wheel to a little TLC in preparation for Spin-In on Saturday.
  • Spin-In was fun! I baked some 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies as my contribution. I started spinning Spice Market [Ravelry], a Glitter roving from Greenwood Fiberworks. 
  • Between laundry and chores, I stitched a bit more on Mermaid of the Pearls. Her tail is taking forever to do. I am stitching with 5 shades of green and a bit of white to complete this portion of her tail. Boy, am I bored with stitching green!
  • I didn't do any work on the attic windows quilt.
  • It's been pretty chilly in the evenings, so I turned the furnace back on for the winter.  And I realized that it's now cool enough for me to sandwich the All That Glitters Christmas quilt in the UFO pile. The machine quilting will go pretty quickly, so I should add this to my list of things to do.
  • Because our house is poorly insulated (and would be incredibly expensive to fix that problem), I use an electric blanket on the bed. It was time to buy a new one as the previous blanket was in bad shape and we cycled it out last spring. I bought a new one, plus a heated throw for the living room. The cats are in heaven with both heated options!
  • I still haven't taken photos of the last hat or of the recently completed spinning project.
  • I finally finished looking through all of the vacation photos and deleted the duplicates!
  • I finally finished processing the photos from the Grand Canyon portion of our trip. Hooray!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...