Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and "tired" is the word of the day. However, I'm in the homestretch, so it will be better soon.
  • On Friday, we brought our tree inside after rearranging the furniture. You'd think after all these years of doing the same rearranging that we'd be better at it, but no. Rearranging involves mopping the floor and vacuuming the rugs as well.
  • The tree is a lot less full that previous years, and more expensive. Our smallest tree stand worked for this year. However, it started leaking once I put water in the well. It's leaking at the screw holes, so we used plumber's putty around the screws. It's not leaking any more.
  • While I haven't been able decorate the tree very much, I did manage to get the lights on it. It only took two mesh light grids to light the whole tree. In previous years, it's taken 3. I did manage to get 2 ornaments on it - the 2 that The Daughter brought back from Iceland.
  • Saturday was cookie icing day. The first thing was to make the royal icing. I did 3 batches this time, but it was overkill. I iced all of the cookies and did the first stage of snowflake decorating.

    I also made a batch of Grand Marnier nuts (a combination of pecans and walnuts).
Iced Christmas cookies
  • Sunday was grocery day. I bought the ingredients for dinner and assembled the casserole when I go home.
  • Then it was chocolate time!
    • I covered one side of each biscotti with chocolate. Some got dark chocolate, some got semi-sweet, some got white chocolate, and the gingerbread got royal icing.
    • I made the peppermint bark bars., using the leftover chocolate from the biscotti.
    • I made a batch of Amaretto-Cinnamon Nuts.
    • And I did stage 2 of the snowflakes - piping the details
    • Last night, I did the last stage of the snowflakes - luster dust and edible glitter. The I crashed on the couch while everything dried.
Chocolate on the biscotti

Tonight, I need to package up my work gifts. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the year...hooray!

I need the next couple of days to pack up the rest of the goodie gifts, clean my house, decorate, wrap packages...

I'll rest after Christmas. ;-)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...