Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...yeah, I missed posting on Friday. I didn't have time to take photos before I left for work.When I got home, all I wanted to do was read and veg out.

Saturday was Spin-In. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to make something green. The closest I got was zucchini bread. I used the recipe that I got from Mom with some modifications. I replaced the walnuts with pecans and I eliminated the coconut. The recipe says that it makes one loaf, but I think the loaf pans must have been pretty large back then. I ended up with 1 regular loaf and 3 mini-loaves.

Zucchini Bread

At Spin-In, I worked on my spindle spinning and made decent progress. I need to weigh the remaining fiber to see how much I have spun. My best guess is that I've spun a third of the 4.0 oz. bump. I hope to finish spinning the singles this month. I am so ready to do some wheel spinning!

In between baking, Spin-In, errands, and laundry, I worked on the Mermaid. I started beading the bottom part of the bubble cascade. It's opposite the tail portion that I have already beaded. The bubble cascade has tons of beads to give it that bubble look. It's very tiring to try and fit all those beads in a small area. I had to stop a few times when I caught myself placing the bead one thread too low. I took that as a sign that I needed a break!

I spent a little time working on the Christmas 9-Patch cross stitch project. I'm down to the last two squares, thank goodness!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...