Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
I spent a little time updating my Project Recaps binder. I had let it slide for a long time. I post monthly recaps on the blog, but I also keep a hard-copy of just the recaps in my studio. I keep them in a turquoise leather DayTimer binder and separate them by year, starting with the year 2000. The list of what I completed before 2000 is much shorter and is in its own section.

I printed the recaps that I was missing, punched holes in them, and placed them in the binder. I am now caught up to February 2018. Yay!

I made more progress on the finishing work:
  • Purchased 2 pillow forms and modified them to fit the 2 Pine Mountain pillow projects that I had already stitched.
  • Sewed backing on 6 needlepoint projects, cut foam core to fit inside, and hand-sewed them closed.
I spent a few hours spinning the Mirabel handspun [Ravelry]. I am now working on cop #10. I have spun approximately 2.5 oz. of the 4.0 oz. in the bump.

Progress on the mermaid has slowed. The beading in the foam area of the project is intense - there are so many beads in a small area. It is difficult to see where the next bead goes using normal lighting.

I pulled out my Dazor magnifier lamp, attached it to its holder in the Legend stand, and lowered the scroll frame to accommodate it. The adjustment puts the frame too low for comfort and my shoulders start to bug me after an hour or so. I have to stop more often, which slows down my progress. I might have to rearrange my seating in the studio to allow me to use the lamp in its own rolling stand. Right now there is not enough room to do so.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...