Monday, April 02, 2018

Happy April!

...I'm still on the mend, but I'm very tired of this whole cold-thing.

To keep this from being a picture-less post, here is another flower that is blooming in our garden. This is a Bill Wallis geranium:

Bill Wallis geranium

The weekend was uneventful. We really don't celebrate Easter, and the Daughter was otherwise occupied. The Husband visited his parents in the morning and I went to the grocery store. I decided that we needed a real meal - protein, starch, vegetable, and dessert - which hasn't happened the last two weeks. 

As far as the weekend's crafts, I did OK. I still have about half an ounce to spin on Mirabel [Ravelry]. And I'm working on the last square of the Christmas 9-patch cross stitch piece.

As for the mermaid, I finished all of the seed beads on the bottom half of the chart. I won't place the treasures on this half until I'm closer to the end. The treasures are too bulky and will distort the fabric when I roll it on the stretcher bars.

I hit a minor glitch in the project when I realized that I only had about 10 green beads left and way more places for the beads to go. The supply list requires only one package of Mill Hill Antique seed beads 03055 and that's all I had in the kitted supplies. It was an unopened package, so I don't know why I ran out. Anyway, I had to order another package of beads. It will take at least a week to get them. I can work on the white and crystal beads until then, but it kind of took the wind out of my beading sails. Boo!

I'm still trying to figure out how to take an in-progress photo of the mermaid without taking it out of the frame. So far, no brilliant ideas for that.

I decided to try my yoga class today. Except for having to blow my nose a few times, I managed to make it through. My energy level is still lower than normal, so some poses were harder to do. But I really needed it! I'm going to try to do the treadmill tomorrow and see how well that goes.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...