Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and I'm happy with the progress that I made over the weekend.

I finished the Christmas 9-Patch pillow as planned.

Christmas 9-Patch Pillow

Specs:
Started 9/24/17
Finished 4/8/18
Pillow kit by Pine Mountain Designs

I've made several of these 9-patch pillows from Pine Mountain. Each kit contains only two charms for the 3 plain squares in the design.  I have yet to understand the thinking behind leaving one patch essentially blank (the green square). The finished pillow always looks like there's something missing.

I finished spinning the singles for Mirabel handspun [Ravelry]. Then I transferred the singles to a bobbin in preparation for plying. (Photo tomorrow.)

I spent a few hours beading the mermaid. I have finally come up with a better way to hold the beads closer to my stitching area. It's a combination of the top of a mini sliding-top tin, two craft magnets, and a small square of a sticky bead mat. It's kludgy, but it works!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...