Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Well, hello...

...how is it Tuesday?  The last week has been a blur.

I had two doctor appointments last week and Spin-In on the weekend. That plus being motivated to finish spinning Mirabel meant that blogging just fell off the edge. Oops.
  • Saturday morning I baked some mini pineapple upside-down cakes to take to Spin-In. Pineapple upside-down cake was my mother's go-to dessert when I was growing up. It's still one of my favorites. I like the mini version because it's easier to serve - cutting into an upside-down cake is always messy because of the pineapple rings.
  • At Spin-In, I finished chain-plying Mirabel [Ravelry]. I transferred it off the bobbin and washed it on Sunday. It's taken a couple of days to dry, so no photos yet.
  • Now that Mirabel is done, I can concentrate on the Mermaid again. I spent several hours on Sunday beading the middle portion of the design.
  • I also got the Charred Teal shawl [Ravelry] back to a point where the stitch counts are correct. I'm still having an issue with the pattern, but all the eyelets are lining up so I'm not going to over-think it. At this point, I just want it done.
The garden is blooming! I took a lot of flower photos, but I have not had a chance to process most of them yet. Here's one that I did process: orange watsonia in our front yard.

Orange Watsonia
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...