Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm back with pictures...

...I survived the family reunion (LOL!), delivered my sister's present and the baskets, ate too much, and enjoyed seeing my relatives.

It can now be revealed: My sister's surprise present was a celestial quilt, called "Sister Moon." I found cool sister quotes panel (Mini Talking Quilt Quotes) at my local quilt store (The Granary). They became the centers for the squares, alternating with celestial motifs. I used celestial fabrics to make the blocks; sashed the blocks with a plain navy fabric and used a lighter blue border. I had a bunch of the dark blue batik left from my mother's turtle quilt, so I used that for the binding.

Sister Moon Quilt

Here is the label:
Sister Moon Quilt Label
My sister loved the quilt!

My gift baskets were a hit, too. Here's what one looked like before I wrapped it in cellophane (Note: the tulle thing in the back contains a tea light):


Solarbrations Gift Basket
I did manage to get a little knitting done. I'm now attempting to do the short row heels for my Calla Lily socks from the Petals Collection Sock Club. I still have not started the Hippy Crunchy socks from the Blue Moon Rockin' Socks Club. Oh, well...I'll get there eventually!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...