Monday, January 21, 2008

spinning again...

...feels good! I spent a good portion of Saturday spinning with Sirena. (She had been sitting in the corner for far too long!)

Rather than starting something new, I decided to finish the Josie roving that I started on the spindle in July (!). I'm spinning it on the thin side and it was taking forever on the spindle. I swapped over to the wheel and while it's faster, I still didn't finish it over the weekend. Here's the first bobbin with a dime for comparison:

Josie, bobbin 1

I split the roving into 8 lengthwise strips to get longer lengths of color. I'd like to make it a 2 ply, but a lot depends on how much I want to fiddle with the spindle spun stuff that's not already on a bobbin. I may end up with a Navajo-plied yarn. We'll see...

When I wasn't spinning, I was working on the needlepoint pillow. This is also slow, but I feel like I've made progress (even if you can't tell from this picture).

Seahorses Needlepoint as of 1/21

I didn't do any knitting over the weekend, as I'm finding the black leg warmers to be a little boring. (Maybe it's because they're black, rather than a color.) Anyway, I need to start a pair of red Voodoo arm warmers. The Daughter promised a friend of hers that I would make her some, so I need to get moving.

I purchased the yarn for them at Purlescence right after Christmas. Unlike the Daughter, her friend is not allergic to wool so I could get something other than acrylic or cotton. I bought some squishy Cash Vero in a wonderful red:

Cash Vero yarn

I plan on casting on for these during the week.

Another thing I did this weekend was bake Terry's biscotti. It felt a little strange to be baking a small batch of biscotti! They are all packed and ready to go out in the mail to her.

This will be a short week for me
. The Husband and I are taking a long weekend to celebrate our 22/27 anniversary (22 yrs married/27 yrs. together). We decided to go to Monterey instead of Bodega Bay for our ocean fix this time. We haven't been to Monterey in a while, so it will be a nice change. Since the Husband likes to drive, I get to knit all the way there and all the way back. Yay!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...