Friday, April 18, 2008

Road trip!

...well, for me anyway. I'm leaving this afternoon to visit my mother for the weekend. It takes 3 1/2 to 4 hours to drive there, depending on how long it takes me to get through Gilroy. Going by myself means that I don't get 3 1/2 hours to knit!

I packed last night and reviewed what I wanted to take knitting-wise. The Crossover Top is going with me, but I'm starting to get bored with all that stockinette. I decided to take the yarn and needles for Saartje's Bootees. This is a very popular pattern in Ravelry and they are too cute for words.

I decided to use a Dream in Color "Smooshy" yarn in Wisterious. It has a lot of pale purples and doesn't look too girly, so it should work for either gender. I wound it into a yarn cake last night and tucked it into my bag.

So today's eye candy is Wisterious:

Wisterious Smooshy, up close and personal

I'm taking my camera with me this weekend and I'm hoping to get a few pictures along the way. I'll give a trip report on Monday!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...