Monday, April 21, 2008

trip report, sort of...

...I'm a little tired from the driving and I have a ton of work to do.

It took me about 4 hours to get to my mom's...going through Gilroy was slow and I did make a Starbucks stop in King City (which is about halfway).
I'd forgotten how much I hate to drive!

I visited with my mom, sister, brother, and nephew; it was really good to see them. My brother took me out for dinner, which I really enjoyed. There's nothing like a good filet mignon cooked over oak wood....yum! The weather was overcast on Friday and Saturday, so no good picture opportunities there. I didn't have time for a lot of knitting, so nothing to show there!

On my way home yesterday, I stopped in Morro Bay for a mini-reunion with some high school classmates. What a kick to see these people again! I took a few pictures (which will remain private since I don't have permission to post them) and caught up with what everyone was up to. I had a good time, but I only stayed a couple of hours as I wanted to get on the road in hopes of avoiding the worst of the Gilroy traffic on Sunday night. (I avoided all but about 10 miles of stop-and-go...)

Instead of going back to San Luis Obispo to catch highway 101, I took highway 1 towards Cambria. I passed my old stomping grounds in Cayucos and just enjoyed the scenery. I cut across to 101 on highway 46. There was hardly any traffic on 46 and the road is well-paved, making it a very pleasant drive. I had to stop and take these two pictures:


This shot shows Morro Bay in the distance...

Morro Bay in the distance

This is taken from the same spot, but shooting to the right of the bay...I love these green, rolling hills.

Rolling hills


It was a quick trip, packing with a lot of visiting. While I enjoyed the visits, I was very glad to see the Husband and the cats! I just need to catch up on some sleep...

The Daughter will be home on Wednesday for a few days and I'm really looking forward to that!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...