Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WIP-it Wednesday and some flowers...

...I totally love this Iris cardigan!! It is a fast knit and it is so cute. Last night I finished the body and moved it onto waste yarn until I'm ready to do the trim. Here's what it looks like now:

Iris cardigan, as of 4/29

I'll start the sleeves tonight. I like how the colors came together, but I still haven't decided whether to use the blue (sky) or the green (Fog, the middle color) for the trim. Any preferences? I'm open to suggestions!

Because I'm having such a good time with this sweater, nothing else has called my name, meaning that I probably won't start anything new until this is done. That's a big change for me since I'm so easily distracted by pretty fiber to spin. (LOL!) That being said, I'll probably do a little spinning on the weekend.

Our garden continues to explode with color. Here are a few flowers I saw this morning. A red poppy in the front yard (I think the petals look like crepe paper)...

Red Poppy

Flowers on one of the trellises in the backyard...

Flowering trumpet vine

and a bee's-eye view of a flower on another trumpet vine.

Red Trumpet Flower, Bee's Eye View

There are a few more in my Flickr account, if you're interested. Enjoy!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...