Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm-glad-it's-almost-the-weekend Candy Friday

...I finished the Silk Waves Scarf last night! Here's Teddy, stylin' in his new scarf:

Silk Waves Scarf

Specs:
Finished 9/18
Yarn from Sweaterkits Silk Waves Capelet kit
Pattern from Wendy Knits, with one modification
Finished length, unblocked: 63 inches

I need to block this scarf to flatten out the edges a bit, but I'm at a loss as to where I could stretch it out to dry. The cats lay on top of everything and I know the scarf would be a great temptation. Have to think on this...

I am test-driving a digital SLR camera that a friend is selling. It's a Nikon D50. I just borrowed it this week, so I haven't had a chance to read the manual yet, but I did try just taking a few pictures on automatic this morning.

First up: Sombra, giving me that look again.

Taking pictures of me again?!

She really doesn't like me pointing a camera at her!

Next, a picture of some tiny white flowers (Gaura lindheimeri) in the front yard. I have taken at least 50 pictures of these with my little Canon—none have turned out. Here's my first attempt with the Nikon:

Tiny flower

Not perfect, but you can tell that it's a flower and not a white blob!

And Teddy's picture (up above) was taken with the Nikon. I have to read the instructions so I can see how to turn off the flash. I want to take a picture without the silk yarn reflecting back so much light.

Up this weekend, I'm going to play with the camera more and see how it does with fiber pictures. Also this weekend is the Peninsula-to-Pier LYS Shop Hop. I won't be going to all 19 shops, but I thought I'd check out a couple that I haven't been to yet.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...