Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday melange...

...it's one of those days.

First off: A Big "Welcome to the world!" to my friend Jane's first grandchild. Little Miss K had to be encouraged to show her beautiful face, but she finally arrived Friday night. The little family is doing great and Jane is over the moon (of course!).

I started spinning Vampira, Falkland top from Yarn Wench. Here's the first bobbin in progress:

Vampira, bobbin #1

I knit a little on the Sea Foam wrap but quickly got bored of it.

I started a pair of No-Purl Monkey socks in "Little Bunny Foo Foo" (Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts). No picture yet as there's not much to see yet.

I only visited two shops in the shop hop—I just figured that I didn't need the temptation to buy at multiple stores (two was bad enough!)

At Full Thread Ahead, I bought the Marinella yarn for Hollis' one-skein capelet. I bought a yarn with purples and lavenders! (no surprise there!)

Marinella Yarn in purples

At Purlescence, I went a little more nutso. I bought some unscented Soak, a set of metal crochet hooks (to use these when I'm adding beads to my spinning or knitting), and some yarn:

Dream in Color Classy in Dusky Aurora:

"Dusky Aurora" Classy yarn

Dream in Color Smooshy in Lunar Zazzle:

"Lunar Zazzle" Smooshy yarn

Dream in Color Baby in November Muse:

"November Muse" yarn

No, I don't have any specific project in mind for any of them...I just loved the colors!

Last week I had ordered yarn from Loopy Ewe for a February Lady sweater. I'm finally going to try and knit a sweater for myself. Today, the yarn arrived. This is Cascade 220 Heathers yarn in Red Wine Heather:

Cascade 220 Heathers yarn

LOVE this color! Don't know when I'll start the sweater... since I seem to have startitis right now, who knows?!

I'm still test driving the Digital SLR camera, but I've pretty much decided that this is not the right camera for me. My hand tends to shake when I use a camera and the Image Stabilization in my little Canon helps with that problem. Unfortunately, the Nikon D50 DSLR does not have it. The DSLR also does not do well taking my sky pictures at least with its current lens. I don't want to spend a lot of money for a camera and then still spend more money to get a lens that does what I want it to.

Oh, well...the test was not a total loss. I now understand some of the features that I need if I ever decide to get a digital SLR camera.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...