Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a WIP and a random bit...

...since my existing knitting projects are either long-term (the February Lady sweater and the Sea Foam wrap), frustrating (mystery socks and dog sweater), or just boring (black leg warmers)., I started something new! I saw the cutest stuffed toy patterns online [Ravelry] and immediately fell in love with the Siamese cat pattern. I'm thinking that one of my nieces would love a stuffed toy.

The thing I love about stuffed toys is that they are instant gratification: I made its head at Knit Night on Monday and I made one leg last night after I got home from Pilates. I need to seam them, so it's hard to visualize what the final will look like:

Little pieces

SOOO CUTE!! I'm making this one in an Alpaca blend that's very soft and squishy. Anyway, it has me excited to knit again...

The Husband is making progress on painting the kitchen. He removed our whiteboard in preparation to paint a wall. This wall was the one we used to measure the Daughter when she was growing up. We started marking her height on this wall when she was 6; the last mark was made sometime in high school. The lower marks have been exposed all this time, but the upper marks were under the whiteboard. The Husband is going to try to figure out a way to preserve this, but it may not be possible. We've both taken pictures so we at least have that.

Here's a peek:

Behind the whiteboard

The lower frame shows the first marks that we made. The upper frame has her goal mark of 69 inches and her last measured mark of 67-inches with her "Yeh!" comment. LOL! She may not have made her goal height, but she has at least 4 inches on me!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...