Friday, April 17, 2009

not-much-of-an-Eye Candy Friday...

...this would be more of an anti-Eye Candy Friday. Look at what happened last night:

Broken KnitPicks Harmony needle

These are my size 5 (US) Harmony straight needles. This happened right in the middle of knitting the Fuzzy Lamb's head. Fortunately, I had another size 5 needle so I could finish it, but the broken tip made me sad. Now I get to call KnitPicks about getting a replacement. Rats!

On the plus side, I did finish knitting all of the Fuzzy Lamb components and did most of the seaming.

Fuzzy Lamb, ready to put together

That's the tail off to the left...it's just too cute! I need to stuff the lamb, close everything up, and attach everything. I also need to finish knitting the dress. I'm using a lavender yarn that is very soft and washable:

Peter Pan yarn

I've started the dress using the pattern instructions, which has you knit the front and back separately and then seam them together. I think I'm going to start over and knit it in the round, Seaming is not my favorite thing to do!

Up this weekend: Finish the Lamb in time for the birthday luncheon on Sunday. I thought it was Saturday and was very happy to learn that it was Sunday...I can finish this little lamb without being rushed! I also want to get my Rogue Roses socks back on track. Who knows, maybe I'll attack that plying I ignored last weekend!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

The lamb is going to be adorable!! I cannot wait until Kayla is old enough to play with her "animals"...they are so precious! I'm sure she will latch onto them very fast...they are so "loveable" I know she will love them once she knows not EVERYTHING goes into her mouth! Have fun! Will be sunny and bright here...yesterday snow...tomorrow 80! GO FIGURE!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...