Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, tax day version...

...finished all our taxes and e-Filed everything. Yay!!

I'm been dividing my knitting time between the Fuzzy Lamb toy [Ravelry] and my Rogue Roses socks. The toy is progressing nicely...the pattern is well-written and it's an easy knit. I finished the two arms and will knit the head and ears tonight.

Fuzzy Lamb, still in progress

You can see from this picture that the yarn has some sheen to it as well as a little fuzziness—it is very soft! Now I have to decide which dress to knit for this little gem.

The Rogue Roses socks [Ravelry] are not progressing quite as nicely. Sock B is OK, but I ended up having to frog all the way back to the hem on Sock A. Somewhere I lost a stitch and I couldn't see where I dropped it. It was in one of the pattern panels because my stitch count was off by one (which is interesting because I have been carefully counting the panel stitches...who know what happened). Anyway, I spent time last night getting Sock A to a place where I could start the leg pattern again. Maybe this time the rosebuds will look better.

The pattern itself is pretty descriptive, which I love. It contains both the charts and the written instructions for the leg and foot patterns. While I know how to use the charts, my brain processes written descriptions much better. The only down-side with a descriptive pattern is that it is several pages long...it just doesn't fit easily in my sock bag! I've photocopied it and cobbled together smaller pages that do fit. Not a big problem, just a little challenging!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...