Monday, August 10, 2009

running just a little behind today...

...it's a Monday. I guess since I had such a great weekend spinning, you knew there had to be some sort of drawback. Well, the drawback is that I can't seem to get in gear today and an eye appointment in the middle of the day didn't help!

The Spin In was great and I got a lot done. I started spinning Nocturne 2, a Falkland top from the Yarn Wench. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the top before I spun it...oh, well! By the time the weekend was over, I had finished spinning the singles and it's now ready to ply!

Nocturne Falkland singles

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the top before I started spinning. You can;t really tell from these pictures, but the colors are dark blue, purple, and a touch of rose.

I finished plying Apricot Cinder and I think this will make a wonderful weft yarn for a woven scarf:

Apricot Cinder Merino-Silk yarn

and the close-up:

Apricot Cinder Merino-Silk Yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 6/20/09; Finished:8/08/09;
Merino-silk top from Yarn Wench;
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel;
Yield: 225 yds Navajo-ply; 13 WPI (These are estimates because I left the measurements at home!)

I also finished spinning and plying the Tropical Fish Falkland yarn:

Tropical Fish Falkland yarn

and the close-up:

Tropical Fish Falkland Yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 8/2/09; Finished:8/9/09;
Falkland top from Yarn Wench;
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel
Yield: 250 yds Navajo-ply; 15 WPI (These are estimates because I left the measurements at home!)

I love the way the colors flowed on this one. I'm not overly fond of the lime green, but it works with the rest of the colors. I'm not quite sure what this yarn will become. Maybe I'll spin the bump of Merino-silk Tropical Fish that I have and combine them into a woven something...

I did manage to knit a couple of rows on the Eleanor de Plume socks and on the Fraggled Socks. But I'm still not highly motivated to knit right now. I better finish these up soon before they end up in the UFO (unfinished objects) pile!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...