Monday, September 07, 2009

let's hear it for 3-day weekends...

...and the extra time to craft! So far, it's been very productive.

Presenting...Under the Sea socks [Ravelry]:

Under the Sea socks, on the feet

Specs:
Finished 9/5/09

Loopy Ewe Sock Club March 2009
Yarn: Handmaiden Fine Yarn, Casbah Sock in Ocean Current
Pattern: Under the Sea pattern
Needles: 2 US/2.75mm

Things I learned with these socks:
  • I confirmed that toe-up socks are not an enjoyable knit for me. However, I now know that I can complete a pair if I have to.
  • I do not like wrap-and-turn short row heels; I'd rather do an unwrapped short row heel.
  • I love Casbah yarn!
So I am now down to one pair of socks on the needles, but look what arrived Saturday (picture behind Loopy):

Spoiler--Loopy Ewe Sock Club

The Loopy Ewe September installment!! And it's a yarn I never thought I'd own...Wollmeise! The colors are gorgeous! I am tempted to start these socks, but I may just wait so I can enjoy petting the yarn a bit more.

I've been working on my quilt, too. I've settled on a block layout, and while it might not be the optimal layout, it is pleasing. I've started sewing the blocks together, so I'm now committed to this layout. And if anyone tells me I should have done it another way, they can go fly a kite! 2+ years on deciding a layout, is long enough!

And in a shocking craft development, I did not cast on for a new knitting project or warp the loom for a new weaving. Instead, I picked up a cross stitch WIP and worked on it! (I know...monumental!) I am working on the Queen Mermaid, which looks like this right now:


Queen Mermaid WIP


This poor thing has been on stretcher bars forever. I think it's time to make some progress on her. To see what she's supposed to look like, go to Miribilia's site to see her picture. I am using a different color fabric than the pattern lists because I want it to match the fabric of the other two mermaids I stitched.

That's it for now...off to work on my quilt!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

yeah...I like that layout for the quilt...it's PERFECT....don't change a thing!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...