Friday, October 02, 2009

another T. G. Eye-Candy F...

...it's been a week and next week promises to be really busy at work! Just fair warning: the blog may suffer while I try to meet some release deadlines for a client.

Today's eye candy is from (surprise!) the garden. The Husband is harvesting the cHile peppers now. Here is this week's haul.

Habanero chile peppers

Habanero chiles

Scotch Bonnet chile peppers

Scotch Bonnet chile peppers

Still Life with Chiles

Still Life with Chiles #2

(There are a few more chile pictures over on Flickr...)

On to the craft stuff...first off, I finished the Spooky Wrap cross stitch project:

Spooky Wrap

Specs:
Finished: 9/30/09
Spooky Wrap kit from Pine Mountain Designs
Cross Stitch
No modifications made
(The buttons aren't sewn on yet because I need to buy the right size pillow for the wrap.)

And this week's view of the Queen Mermaid:

Queen Mermaid, in progress

Up this weekend:
  • A trip to the quilt store to find a quilting thread for the Paint It Red quilt. I'm thinking that a rayon or metallic thread might give it a little extra zing, but we'll see. I could start the quilting process this weekend if I find the right thread.
  • Cast on a pair of socks for Socktoberfest! It started yesterday and so far all I've done is read the introduction to the new Cat Bordhi sock book.
  • Continue working on the Queen Mermaid project. The one thing I would like to finish is weaving the coasters so I can get that off the loom. I've found a weaving pattern that will go well with one of the sock yarns in my stash and I'm dying to try it.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...