Saturday, February 13, 2010

so Friday got away from me...

...between my work project and watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. I managed to get a photo ready for Eye Candy Friday and got it posted to Facebook, but not here. Oh, well...here it is (finally!):

Tomatillo husks and seeds

The Husband found these when he was cleaning up the garden.  The last tomatillos on the bush completed dried out, leaving behind the husk with seeds inside. The one in the background didn't have any seeds, but the husk reminded me of a jellyfish. Very cool! I have a couple of other pictures that I'll upload to Flickr when I get a chance.

I stayed up as long as I could last night watching the Opening Ceremonies. Why couldn't run NBC these real-time for the West Coast? Seriously...I totally missed the torch lighting because it was after 11pm and I fell asleep. [annoying!]

Up this weekend: I'm baking zucchini bread for a friend who requested it, and to take to Spin-In next weekend. Might as well make a big batch!

Between all my normal chores and errands, I am working on my Ravelympics [Ravelry] entries. I started the second slipper for Twinkletoes [Ravelry]. I also want to warp my loom for my weaving entry. 

And it's a three day weekend...woo hoo!! An extra day to craft and maybe catch up on some sleep. Yay!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...