Monday, February 08, 2010

Yay! It's finished...

...Paint It Red quilt is done and hanging on my office wall!

Paint It Red quilt, complete

and the back:

Paint It Black quilt, the back

Specs:
Finished 2/7/2010
  • Cobblestone block pattern using a collection of red and black fabrics.
  • Pieced borders using the same fabrics.
  • Backing has Chinese and English words for peace, harmony, hope. good fortune, and several others.
  • The hanging sleeve is made of leftover border pieces. 
I love the way it looks and it really livens up my office. Happy dance!

As for my weekend, let's just say I was motivated to finish the quilt and didn't really work on anything else. I did do a little stash diving and found the things I need for Ravelympics: two red rovings for the Flying Camel Spin plus the warp and weft yarn for Labyrinth Weaving.

I also set aside a bunch of novelty (some eyelash, some tape/ribbon, some furry) and sock yarns (mostly Lion Brand Magic Stripes) to destash. Not quite sure what to do with the destash items yet...they could go to charity or I could gift them to someone who wants them. Any takers?

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I bet you are glad that is done!! I saw that when we came by your home when we were up in Oregon.....so it was a "timely" project.....I know the hold-up was you deciding which square goes where......better not think about that anymore...it's georgeous.....and I bet it looks great in your office, PICTURES?? You know from afar so we can see how it looks!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...