Monday, April 05, 2010

weekend report...

...the company party was fun, but my food took longer than I expected to put together.  

The party theme was "Games and Sports." We always try to have at least one vegetarian dish, so I decided to make vegetarian chili beans. To keep within the theme, I called it Final Four-bean Chili and used black, piquinto, pinto, and garbanzo beans. I made it in the morning and it cooked all day...it turned out pretty well.

I also made an appetizer and got a little more creative there. I had an old Go game and used it as the base for my appetizer. I made little cheese balls for the white pieces and stuffed large black olives for the black pieces. (As soon as I can get a pictures uploaded, I'll add it to this post.  Right now my work machine and Picnik are not cooperating...)  I spent most of Saturday assembling the appetizer, though. I'll have to keep that in mind next year!

Game of Go, cheese and olive version

There were lots of interesting dishes, like the cross-word deviled eggs and the 3  horse-jumps made  (1 vegetables, 1 fruit, and 1 shrimp), and one not suitable for prime time (mud-wrestling Barbies). The food was all delicious and we had a great time.

Sunday, I pretty much just kicked back. Since Easter is not a big holiday for us, we kept dinner simple. I did a little spinning and wove a few more inches on the scarf.

This weekend, we are going to a wedding and we are taking a couple of extra days off. Looking forward to a weekend away!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...