Monday, March 07, 2011

weekend report...

...in a word: productive!

We got a few things organized, some stored things packed more compactly, and cleaned up some of Kayla's things. I still look for her when I go out into the Husband's office...it will take a while to stop doing that. We do miss her little face in the window.

I finished the top of my commissioned quilt. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to have a hard time giving this one up as it's all in my colors!

I finally took pictures of the yarn I finished at the end of February.

Plum Creative yarn

...and the close up.

Plum Creative yarn, close up

Specs:
Plum Creative yarn [Ravelry]
Started: 2/13/11
Finished 2/27/11
20% Milk Protein, 20% Seacell, 60% Wool Top from Creatively Dyed
143.3 yards Navajo-plied; 12WPI

This yarn did not have a name, so I named it (color RMS6 didn't do it for me). It's very energized in some places...the stuff I spun at Spin-In is a lot more relaxed than the stuff I spun at home!

And I finally finished a pair of socks! Yay! Here are the Mochaberry Bramble socks:

Mochaberry Brambles Socks, perfect fit

Specs:
Mochaberry Brambles Socks [Ravelry]
Started: 7/31/10;
Finished: 3/6/11;
Pattern: Blackberry Brambles by Irishgirlieknits;
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Mocha Berry

They fit perfectly and I love them! I don't have enough yarn to make the matching hat, but I want to. Love this stitch pattern!

My next goal is to finish The Beets Go On socks [Ravelry] I started on the same day as these socks. That will keep me busy as I only have a couple of inches done on the cuff!  So many socks, so little time...
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

Oooh, I'm likin' those socks!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...