Wednesday, April 27, 2011

well, hello, WIP-it Wednesday...

...still trying to figure out what happened on Monday and Tuesday. I totally spaced out and didn't even think of blogging. That hasn't happened in a while!

Let's play a little catch-up:
  • I finished Jane's wall hanging. I have a technical issue to resolve before I can send it out. because it is wider that it is high, the ribbon hanger makes it fold in on itself. I need to insert something at the top edge to keep that from happening. I think I know what to use, it's just a matter of a little stash diving for it.
  • My commissioned quilt is going a little slower than expected. It took me several hours of planning and trying alternate layouts to get the back ready to sew. I'm still not 100% sure that the current layout is the correct one, but I need to get this back sewn soon!
  • The Blue Whale shawl is progressing. I'm still working on section 2. One thing I don't like about knitting to a specific length rather than a specific number of rows or pattern repeats: it's hard to tell how many more rows you have until "done." I keep measuring and no matter how many rows I add, it's still only 10-10.5 inches long and I need 12...
  • No spinning or weaving yet.
  • I made our reservations for the Daughter's graduation in May. It will be a quick trip as neither the Husband or I want to spend a lot of money right now.

I don't know if you remember the February Lady sweater that I put in the IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) pile. Nice yarn (Cascade Heathers 220), nice looking sweater, not a fun knit for me. At that time I swore I wouldn't try another adult-sized sweater. So, I saw the report of the Seaweed Cardigan knit-along in a Knitting Daily blog post. Between the pictures in the post and the pictures in the KD gallery, this sweater looked nice on a variety of women. I already owned the magazine the pattern came in and looked it up.After reading it, I though that it was totally doable.

One thing I didn't want to do was buy more yarn. I did a little research on Ravelry and found a couple of people who used Cascade 220 to make the cardigan. Bingo! I could use the yarn from the failed February Lady sweater. Needless to say, I cast on and started the sweater! Here's where I am so far:

Seaweed Cardigan, in progress

This is the back piece that I started on Friday. So far, it's going really well. I like how the yarn shows off the stitch pattern and it's an easy knit. So far, so good!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...