Friday, August 31, 2012

Eye Candy Friday...

...so long, August. We hardly knew ya!

Today's eye candy is from our garden and mom's. First, from Mom's garden, a lily:

Pink lily

and a pink rose:

Full blown pink rose

From our garden, a yellow hibiscus:

Yellow Hibiscus

I love hibiscus flowers. We have two containers of them in our courtyard, one with pink flowers and the other with the yellow flowers. I can sit in my studio chair and see them through the window. So pretty!

Up this weekend: It's a 3-day weekend...yay! The extra day will be put to good use.

I need to get a dress to wear for the wedding on the 8th. I need to do some household chores that have been neglected for far too long. (Note to the cats: this means the vacuum monster is coming out of the closet! You have been warned!)

In the studio, I need to hang the IKEA panels to hide the washer and dryer (this time for sure!). I also need to finish labeling drawers and find a home for a last few items. I want to re-orient my work table and possibly my studio chair to make the most of my space. Once I have these items in place, I can determine how big a rug to buy for the room. I'd like to get a rug that will bring in another color that won't clash with the sage green of the walls and the coral chair. Both the sage and coral colors are hard to match, so getting something that goes with them is going to be interesting. I really don't want it too look too busy, either. I may need to bring in a couple of friends to get a second option...

Craft-wise, I plan on spending some quality time weaving now that I've warped the loom. I'm really looking forward to that!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...