Monday, July 08, 2013

Tour de Fleece 2013, Days 7, 8, and 9...

...it was a spinny weekend!

Day 7:
After work and dinner, I started spinning a one-ounce batt from Greenwood Fiberworks. I'm calling it Monet as it reminds me of the colors in his waterlilies painting.  I only spun for an hour as I was pretty tired.

Day 8:
I finished spinning the singles for Monet. It's pretty thin, so I plan on chain-plying it.

I also spun the singles for a two-ounce batt (Cream V) from Faerie Mountain Fibers. I spun this one pretty thick as it was not as smooth as some of the other batts I've spun.

I also worked on the baby quilt for which I still haven't found a suitable name.

Day 9:
I probably should mention that I am uploading pictures of each day's accomplishments to the main prize thread in the Ravelry Tour de Fleece group  (as well as the threads for my 3 teams: Spinnity, Spinning Purls, and Greenwood Fiberworks).  I have uploaded pix to the prize thread for each of the last 6 Tours and never won anything until now.

I won a prize for Day 8!  I chose a gift certificate from Caliope's Fibre, which I converted into two gorgeous batts!  I can't wait for those to arrive!

I chain-plied Monet and love how it turned out:

Monet handspun

and the close-up:

Monet handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/5/13;
Finished 7/7/13;
Multicolor batt (1 oz) from Greenwood Fiberworks;
Chain ply
68.9 yds 13 WPI

I plied the Cream V batt with some white Madeira Glamour thread that I found in my thread box. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough to do the entire bobbin, so I use some Madeira silver thread for the rest.

Cream V handspun

and the close-up

Cream V handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/6/13;
Finished 7/7/13;
Cream V batt (2 oz) from Faerie Mountain Fibers;
Plied with Madeira Glamour in white and Madeira silver thread;
96.7 yds 13 WPI

On the quilt front, I finished assembling the blocks and accent blocks. I'm in the process of sewing the components together to make rows.

While I watched the East coast feed of True Blood, I worked on the woven shawl.

I feel pretty good about the progress I made on all fronts. And, bonus!  The Daughter came over for Sunday dinner.

All is right with my world!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...