Monday, July 29, 2013

why, yes, I'm still here...

...it's been a crazy couple of days and it's only going to get crazier as the week progresses.

HR work completely consumed my Friday and by the time I realized that I hadn't posted yet, I was too zonked to do so! 

Saturday was a little whirlwind of its own. I bought more boxes for the Daughter who is moving to a new apartment, picked up a Hallmark Christmas ornament I had on hold, and headed off to Purlescence to pick up my Tour de Fleece prize (mmmmm, fiber...). Then I went to help the Daughter pack her things for the move.  I picked up some take-out on the way home, ate my late dinner, and crashed on the couch.

Sunday I did all of my normal errands and then attacked the woven shawl. My goal was to finish the fringing yesterday if all possible. Guess what? It wasn't possible!

After trying out a couple of different twisting techniques, I decided to keep it simple. I'm not twisting the fringe at all. I'm tying two crystal 6/0 beads to each piece of fringe. How many ends is that? I warped the full width of the loom (20 inches) and used a 10-dent reed...right, that many pieces of fringe to bead; double that for the number of beads! (Yes, I am nuts...)

I stopped at 11 pm last night, only because my neck was killing me. I am so close to the end, so I know I can finish it tonight.  I plan on giving it to the recipient on Friday.

Coming up this weekend is a family wedding, with pre- and post-wedding festivities. The Husband is the Best Man, so we're really involved in it all. There might be very little crafting time.

I'll try to get some decent pictures of the shawl before I wrap it up.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...