Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...last one for August!

I finally got an OK picture of the Equatorial Nights scarf that I'm knitting.And you kniw I can't leave the name alone, so I've changed it. Here is Beyond Antares [Ravelry]:


Beyond Antares, as of 8/27/14

I'm knitting it in stockinette rather than garter stitch...I don't really like garter stitch and I like it less in the round. It's really more that I didn't want to purl 30+ rows (each 240 stitches long!) for the project. Yes, I know it will tend to curl up, but I can live with that.

WIP Roll Call
WIPs in Rotation:

  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
    On Row 14
  2. Toulouse handspun (spinning)  [Ravelry]
    Plying in progress
  3. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
    Top done; need to piece back and make the quilt sandwich
WIPs, no play this week:
  1. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  2. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  3. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Stormy Affection (knitting) [Ravelry]

WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...