Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday again...

....gee, I haven't posted in a week. That's what happens when I get super busy at work.

I have today off to prep as much as I can for Thanksgiving. I did my grocery run early this morning to get the fresh vegetables and rolls I need for tomorrow. I've already baked the pies, made the stuffing/dressing, assembled the yam-apple casserole, and put Mr. Turkey into his dry brine.

I'm taking a quick lunch break, albeit a late one, before I attack the rest of the items on my To Do list. Still a long way to go...

On the knitting front, I'm working away on the mittens, but it's slow going. I'm still not completely recovered from my cold and I've been falling asleep early. That means I might get a row or two knitted before I crash.

When I can stay awake, I've been swatching different yarns to make a scarf-shrug-thingy that the Daughter wants. She found a limited edition pattern from Wool and the Gang that she loves. I ordered the pattern but did not order the yarn from them because they are in the UK and I didn't want to deal with the shipping. The biggest reason, though, is that I have to substitute the yarn for a non-animal fiber version. The Daughter can't wear the alpaca that the pattern calls for.

I found some Lion Brand acrylic yarn that looks nice and might work. I just need to knit enough in the pattern to check gauge. Plus, I need to wait for my order to arrive from Jo Ann--they only had one skein of the bulky yarn that I want to use.

OK, break's over! Here's my roll call. Have a Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it!

WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:

  • Loopy Mittens (was Raspberry Mittens) [Ravelry]
    I'm about 8 rows into the hands for both mittens.
  • Sweetwater Spring handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
    Plying in progress
  • Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
WIPs, no play this week:
  1. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  2. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  3. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
  6. Stealth project
    Worked a little on it over the week. I'm making slow progress on this.
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...