WIP-it Wednesday...

...yeah, we kinda skipped over Monday and Tuesday.

It's been a challenging few days for us. I mentioned about the Husband's car and the chewed wires in Friday's post. When I got home that night, I had him show me where he found the rats nesting in his engine. We both have Honda Fits, so it would look the same in my car. My car is 15 months old, so everything still looks new. My engine was clean and there were no indication of nesting activity.

On Saturday, the Husband spent a lot of time cleaning up dead leaves, sweeping the concrete, and trimming bushes. In the afternoon, he wanted to run an errand and was going to use my car. "Was" being the operative word. My car made the same noise his did when he started it. When we opened the hood the d@mn rats had gotten into my car!! ARG!!

This time we knew the procedure and called our insurance right away. They couldn't tow my car until Monday! They did authorize a rental car, but the local place was already closed and would not be open on Sunday. The only rental car places open would either close in 15 minutes (no way to get there that fast)  or were at the airport. Can you say "surcharges?" Not wanting to take a chance on fees that wouldn't be covered by the insurance, we opted to wait until Sunday morning.

We set snap traps all over the place in our garden, under the car, and in the courtyard. We're pretty sure they are not in the house or the studio.

Our biggest concern was getting a rental car for Sunday. We had made brunch reservations in Half Moon Bay to celebrate our anniversary and we wanted to keep them!  It all worked out and we had a wonderful brunch by the ocean. The weather was perfect and the company better.

In between all the critter stuff, I managed to get the binding sewn on the quilt. The machine part is done now. I need to deal with the loose threads and make a label.

I attempted to restart the linen stitch portion of the Be My Baby project [Ravelry]. I was not happy with how it looked. I was having a major tension problem going from size 10.5 to 17 and going from the round to the flat. I frogged it back to the lifeline again. This time I knitted two transition rows and then started the linen stitch....much better! It might not be exactly what the designer intended, but it was less crazy-making for me. This is what it looks like now:

Be My Baby scarf-shrug, as of 1/27/15

WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:

  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Restarted on the scarf portion for the third time
  2. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
    Binding is done. Need to bury the threads and make a label.
  3. Walking on the Sun [Ravelry]
    Time to ply!
Works in Progress:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
UFOs:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

...and I'm ready for a weekend.  The Husband planted watermelons this year and we have a baby in the garden. He'll have it all to ...