The company party on Saturday was fun. It was a little smaller that usual, but that was nice for a change. It made it easier to talk to people and it wasn't crowded.
My cupcake turned out pretty well. I used a recipe that started with white cake mix. To that you added instant pudding mix, eggs, oil, and water, plus mini-chocolate chips. It made a good cupcake base.
I used whipped white frosting from a can because I didn't have time to make frosting from scratch. As it turned out, I had a terrible headache all day, so not having to make one more thing was a plus.
I used Hershey's chocolate drops and dark chocolate chips for the paw prints on the top of the cupcakes. I also made one Cruella deVille cupcake with white and black frosting. (I wonder why no one ate that one?)
You can see photos of the other contributions in this Flickr photo album.
The Daughter sent flowers for Mother's Day:
I spent a very quiet morning. Aside from talking with the Daughter, I talked to my mom who had received her flowers from us the day before.
I spent the afternoon playing with my loom! It took me all afternoon, but I finally got the heddles threaded properly (4-3-2-1 pattern). I kept missing #2 or #3, which meant unthreading and then rethreading to fix the error. My arms were pretty sore by the end of this. I opted to thread the reed another time.
A few things I learned during the process:
- A small warping board is great for storage purposes, but I'd like a little more room between the cross and the end of the warp that gets tied on the apron rod. I need to play with different ways of using the pegs to get the length that I want.
- The WEBS video of How to Warp A Loom from Back to Front worked great for me!
- I have short arms, making it difficult to reach the back heddle.
- I need a better chair or stool for this loom. The ottoman that I'm using is too low. I'm going to try using my storage bench, but I think it might be too high.
- The Wolf trap will probably not work for me because #3. I'll probably get a high castle attachment.
- I definitely need the stroller to move this puppy around. It's been shipped, but I'm not sure when it will arrive.
- Despite all of this, I'm having fun!
- Costa del Mar (knitting) [Ravelry]
Everything is back on track. Working on repeat #2 of 6 for Section 4.
- Friendship Star (needlepoint)
Nearly done with the white border
- 4-shaft weaving sampler
Started dressing the loom. Threaded the heddles; need to thread the reed.
- Quilt hanger for The Hawaiian Shirt Off Your Back quilt
Cut the fabric for the back support; need to cut the tabs and figure out the best way to assemble
- Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.