Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.

In a nutshell: A little of this, a little of that, and a lot of cross stitching.
  • Did the laundry and a few chores.
  • Finished reading White Trash Zombie Unchained.
  • Worked on the latest hat for an hour.
  • Didn't touch the shawl or the needlepoint piece.
  • Pressed the Peek a Boo cross stitch insert, added the button, and put the pillow together. I declare it Done!
  • Choose the next small cross stitch piece to start and pressed its fabric.
  • Cut out a couple of squares for the Attic Windows quilt.
  • Took my new camera for a walk on Sunday. I did my normal 2-mile loop and tested the features of the camera. It became quickly apparent that I have to change my behavior when taking macro photos. With the point-and-shoot camera, I get very close to the subject and take the photo. With the new camera, it won't take photos at all if I'm too close. I need to learn how far back to stand to get the photo I want.

    I took about 200 photos . Because I was testing various settings, there were a lot that didn't turn out. I threw away a lot of failed photos, but that's the beauty of digital, right?
  • I finally finished the first page of the Mermaid of the Pearls pattern. It's the largest of the two pages (of course). I got tired of stitching the never-ending foam on this piece, so I switched back over to her tail. As with the first page, I'm doing all of the floss stitches first before attacking the metallic stitches.
My plan is to take photos of the mermaid, the completed project, and the latest hat for tomorrow's post. We'll see if I have enough time in the morning.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...