Wednesday, December 19, 2007

declaring victory...

...DONE!! (Warning: pictureless post ahead)

Last night, I made a batch of the Rocky Road bark and a batch of the Cranberry-Pistachio bark.

Then, I rolled the Chile-Chocolate truffles (another signature dish), the Cran-Marnier truffles, and the Macadamia-Lime truffles. I coated the Macadamia-Lime truffles in sifted powdered sugar; the rest were coated in sifted cocoa powder. And yes, I did keep the chile ones separate from the cranberry ones! It wouldn't be very nice of me to accidentally give the chile ones to those who can't eat, or don't enjoy, hot stuff!

Tonight, I start the packaging. I use an assembly line process that's very efficient. I also need to start defrosting the fruitcakes and pumpkin breads that have been waiting patiently in the freezer. Then I can line up all the gift bags and start filling them with goodies!

Once the main packaging is done, I can work on getting the kitchen back in order. Over the years, I've discovered that it's simpler not to mop the floors until I'm done. Of course, I wipe up any spills and sweep at least once a day so I don't slip on flour and sugar, which seem to get on everything!

I think I've set a personal record this year: finished before the 20th!! Hooray for me!!

Now I need to finish the secret Christmas present so I can get it in the mail!

Need. Nap. Now...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...